Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ain't Misbehavin

Sunday, May 10, 2009.

We were really looking forward to this musical, but it wound up being a bit disappointing.

This was a collection of songs from Fats Waller who was a jazz pianist from the 1930's. He died prematurely at 39 years of age because of his weight and excessive drinking. No plot or story. 4-5 singers singing his songs and a bit of dancing.

Max said. It is ok. I would give it a C+. I don't know if it was the quality of the singers or the songs. But I thought it was boring. I wouldn't see it again if it were free.

Gail said. I enjoyed it and each song kept me smiling and entertained. But it was just one song after another and none really turned up the bar evoking any strong emotions from me. I agree with Max. I was entertained, but I wouldn't see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment